Inspector Gadget and his talent for manifestation is such a cool concept. Just imagine being able to summon things to aid your progress through life almost at will. All you have to do is call out “Go go gadget…” adding in whatever your pertinent requirement is….
- “…Helicopter” is my favourite one although best deployed outside as is probably a bit unwieldy for indoor activity.
- “…TV Remote” how often are you unable to find it just when you need it most.
- “…Duvet” for the times your bit of the quilt mysteriously vanishes during the night.
- “…Excuse” probably would end up as one of my more overused commands.
- “…Bunch of flowers” for when the last one doesn’t work.
and so on and so on.
Well personally I’m looking for a prototype Gadget Suit to test out today…my son and I are just about to leave to visit Gadget Show Live at the NEC in Birmingham and if there’s anywhere you’ll find a piece of tech that you really want it’s there amongst the concession stands (although I really do think a Gadget Suit is a few years off yet more’s the pity).
As for him, my son’s already planned on visiting the Games arena to pick up the latest equipment to allow him to blast other online gamers into cyberspace and as we all know gaming on the X-Box these days doesn’t generally come cheap.
As far as he’s concerned I hope whatever he does find that it’s not too expensive, but if so, if he needs a bit of financial assistance to get the thing he wants I may have to deploy the one thing I do currently possess that allows progress through life….
“go go gadget visa card !”